Free tax-filing service offered through CGSUPRT
Posted by Christopher Lagan, Monday, January 6, 2014
The Internal Revenue Service 2014 tax season begins on Jan. 31. Starting Jan. 7, CGSUPRT will offer free 2013 tax return filing services from H&R Block. This free offer is only valid if you access H&R Block through the link on the CGSUPRT website.
The following individuals are eligible for the free tax filing service:
• All U.S. Coast Guard active-duty and members of the selected reserve.
• Spouses and dependent children of the members noted above, and who are authorized in DEERS.
• All civilian employees of the U.S. Coast Guard (non-contractors).
• Household members and dependents of U.S. Coast Guard civilian employees.
• Be sure to access H&R Block Tax Services through the link provided on the CG SUPRT website.
• Remember to wait until you receive all of your W-2s and other tax documents (1098, etc.) before you file your returns. Otherwise, you may have to amend your returns.
• For first time users, make sure you have your Adjusted Gross Income. To get started, you will be prompted to create an account with a pin number.
• For returning users, make sure you have your Adjusted Gross Income and Electronic Filing Pin from your 2012 tax return before you start your return. You can reset your pin on the IRS website.
• Remember that electronic filing is subject to the IRS calendar. Though you may be able to complete your return, it will not be submitted to the IRS until the IRS begins accepting e-file returns on January 31st.
• If you are prompted for payment, please call CG SUPRT for assistance.
• CG SUPRT’s H&R Block Tax Service allows for 1 Federal and up to 3 state returns per user.
If you have questions about this tax service or about your own tax returns, please call 1-855- CGSUPRT (247-8778) and ask to speak with a CG SUPRT tax consultant. Trained tax consultants will be available starting on January 7, 2014 by appointment, Mondays through Fridays from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., EST.
If you are experiencing financial difficulty or need advice on money matters, please visit www.cgsuprt.com and click “Personal Financial Management” under “Quick Links.” Available services include one-on-one telephonic money coaching, educational webinars and financial resources. Services are free and confidential.
NOTE: Except as detailed above, United States Coast Guard reserve members activated under Title 10 are not eligible for this service and should be referred to Military One Source at 1-800-342-9647 as they are eligible for their tax assistance program.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.